Sunday, 25 December 2011

Fun while it lasted

This prolific December's been a blast,  but sadly it has to end. While I'll try to continue posting daily until January, the fact of the matter is that it's very doubtful that I'll be able to sustain this level of output with the commitments I have to address in 2012. I'll probably fall back into the sporadic posting style that's characterized most of my blogging career. High frequency blogging has been fun and I nearly got 2,000 hits this month, but I have nowhere to go but down now.  

Hope you've enjoyed the ride.

Page views thus far, under 2,000 hits for the month of December.
Image Source: Google Analytics

4 comments:

  1. I honestly can't believe you managed to do it for as long as you did.. especially with the level of work and research you put in. I only post to my blog when I either get riled up or intrigued enough. Once a week is my goal, though sometimes I get inspired and write a batch of posts and post-date them with a couple days in between. I'd hate to be an actual journalist or pundit forced to come up with something every day. Then again, looking at certain local Winnipeg newspaper writers, regurgitation is the key to longevity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the beginning, my process of writing posts was surprisingly similar to the way Keith Olbermann writes his Special Comments. Namely, by getting pissed off at an issue and writing something passionately. Then, refining it dispassionately with extensive re-writes into a rational, cogent argument.

    I'd like to think that most "established journalists" start out with original material and then move to regurgitation once they become "respectable".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've slowed down to one post a week lately, so a post a day is superhuman in my books. Regardless of how frequently you post, if you do it consistently you'll probably maintain a good base of readers. All the best for the new year!

    ReplyDelete